Brexit - a reminder and update on Green Cards - Powell Commercial
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-23859,single-format-standard,cookies-not-set,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,select-theme-ver-3.6,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.4.7,vc_responsive

Brexit – a reminder and update on Green Cards

As 31 October approaches, uncertainty continues about whether the UK leaves the European Union without a Withdrawal Agreement (a ‘no-deal Brexit’).

If this happens, UK motor insurance customers driving in the European Economic Area (EEA) and some other countries (Andorra, Serbia and Switzerland) will need physical proof of motor insurance when they travel, commonly referred to as a Green Card.

Green Cards are an international certificate of insurance issued by insurance providers in the UK, guaranteeing that the motorist has the necessary minimum motor insurance cover for driving in the country being travelled to. You will need to take this green card with you in your vehicle. It may take up to a month to get your motor insurance green card, so take action in good time.

Please be aware there is new government advice that UK motorists travelling with trailers and caravans should have two Green Cards issued – one for the towing vehicle and one for the trailer/caravan.

Further information can be found on the GOV.UK website with the following link-

Or in the meantime, should you have any questions, our team welcome a call on 01244 345 076.